Opportunity: Forestry Contracting in Kyankwanzi District
global-woods AG is a forestry company whose mission is to develops high-quality timber plantations in balance with social and ecological demands and standards.
global-woods AG is committed to the principles promoted by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) of environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management of forests as well as the principles of the GoldStandard Foundation.
We are seeking for suitably qualified contractors to undertake contracting in forestry operations in our plantation. Applicants should fulfil the requirements below:
1. Should have a company registered with the registrar of companies and compliant with TAX and VAT rules.
2. Should be able to raise a minimum of 50 workers who are duly registered with letters of introduction from LCs and recognized authorities from their areas of origin(s).
3. Should have personnel with qualification(s) in forestry and a proven track record of contracting work in plantation forestry.
4. Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in forestry contracting, handling large number of workers and should provide at least 3 traceable referees.
5. Proof of sound financial standing.
Interested parties should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 290, Hoima, Uganda. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.